Stocking 15 Gallon Advice, Please Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boilerwxman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone I have my 15 gallon column tank cycled and have 3 mollies in it. (We got these from our neighbors who had fry they wanted to give away)

Dimensions of the tank is 13.8 x 13.6 x 24.8 (all inches) I have 2 HOB filters on for 30 gallon and one for 15 gallon.

We would really like to get some more fish but I curious if we can or should? My wife wants some more and so do my kids...

What recommendations would some of you have?

Hello everyone I have my 15 gallon column tank cycled and have 3 mollies in it. (We got these from our neighbors who had fry they wanted to give away)

Dimensions of the tank is 13.8 x 13.6 x 24.8 (all inches) I have 2 HOB filters on for 30 gallon and one for 15 gallon.

We would really like to get some more fish but I curious if we can or should? My wife wants some more and so do my kids...

What recommendations would some of you have?
Mollies have a very large bio-load for their size, and keeping them in any tank smaller than 20 gallons is not recommended. It's your call, but I like to give my fish some elbow room if you know what I mean.

How long has the tank been set up? How many years experience do you have in this hobby? If you've been doing this for a while I would say otocinclus catfish, small school of Neon Tetras, maybe a few Zebra Danios/GloFish (registered trademark) or other nano fish. Your mollies, should you keep them, would not allow too many other fish to go with it.

I'm new but I'm all about research, I fishless cycled this tank for a month. I understand doing weekly PWC, frequently testing the water with my API test kit. Sadly, I didn't know what kind of fish we had when I got the 15 gallon tank then slowly learned as they grew we had mollies from the neighbors.

Back
Top Bottom