Stocking 20 High

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noah0504

Aquarium Advice Regular
Trying to get some ideas and do research for future additions to my 20 gallon high.

Right now I have 6 platies -- or 5 platies and 1 molly. It's a long story.

It's a planted tank with a piece of mopani wood. The substrate is sand (or at least crushed gravel -- it's this stuff: https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/imagitarium-white-aquarium-sand).

While I'd like to some corys for some bottom of the tank action, I feel like I might be on the small side of things. Maybe a bunch of shrimp then?

I've thought about adding 1 unique fish, but really dwarf gouramies are all I can come up with and I swore I'd never own one again after losing everyone I've ever purchased to disease.

Any thoughts? Just trying to plan ahead and get a game plan together.

Zebra danios (or any type of Danilo, excluding giants) are great. If you wanted cories, pandas are really cute. I have 3 (I know, a few less than optimal) Cory cats, all different species, but similar patterns.

Male guppies, and I would suggest only males if you don't want to be overrun, are really pretty.

I have also seen people keep really beautiful Bettas in community tanks. I've never done it, but it might be a good centerpiece fish.

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom