Stocking 20G?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carlitouus

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys, I am almost done with cycling a new tank, a 20G and I have run out of ideas... I want something original :brows:

I have always wanted to breed expensive fishies as I'm the kind of guy who wants to break even on everything, LOL. It hasn't been the case yet as I want different species in my tank ... This time though, if no breeding species are found, I was thinking about mixing Bettas with Male Blue, pearl and dwarf gouramis ... equal amounts, although I know all gouramis are pretty much the same.... Would it be a good idea?

If not, what do you guys recommend? i already have tetras,danios,glowfish and all those general species you can find everywhere... I want something original... any takers?

And any ideaas on fish species that I could breed in groups? I don't want to just keep a male and female in the tank so groups would be great!

Betta and gouramis are from the same family. It's usually not recommended to mix them though some get away with it. Multiple male bettas won't work. They will fight to the death. Multiple gouramis is a recipe for disaster IMO. Most won't fit in a 20g comfortably and others, like dwarfs, will bully each other too much.
Have you considered a pair of rams?

Back
Top Bottom