Stocking 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calfishguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I will be upgrading my 10 to a 29 gallon. It will be planted with black sand and t5no lighting. I will have an aqua clear 30 and a fluval c3, and of course it will be heated. For stock I would like

cherry shrimp
2 gbr
6 lemon tetras
12 neon tetras
8 dwarf rainbows

I know that the gbr might eat the shrimp but I already have some and would like to give it a go.

aquadvisor says my tank is 114% stocked

This may be overkill but what do you think.

:thanks:

Well, I think the majority of your stocking is on one level. I would say take out one school of fish, say, the lemon tetras and add in a BN pleco.

bud29 said:
Well, I think the majority of your stocking is on one level. I would say take out one school of fish, say, the lemon tetras and add in a BN pleco.

i agree take out the lemons and add a BNP, i have an albino BNP and love it!

Actually the dwarf rainbow fish would do better with more room. I'd keep the GBR pair, then the neons and lemon tetra's. Would give a nice array of color. If your refering to Dwarf Neon Rainbow fish they are more silver with the blue irridescent shine. Lemon tetras once settled in will color up nice. You could even add a couple dwarf cory cats for bottom feeders.

Back
Top Bottom