stocking 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quadrider5953

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, so far i want the following for a 29 that will be planted with pool filter sand substrate.

pair of angelfish (what kind is good?)
12 of type of schooling fish (recomendation)
5-6 cories

suggestions welcome

Kyle

As for angelfish, there are soooo many kinds. Hard to find one that will suit your fancy. I personally like koi angelfish, and you can see a picture of one I used to have in my gallery.

As for a schooling fish, I love Harlequin rasboras. They would look awesome in that tank.

Tiger barbs and angels are not a good mix. The barbs will pick on the angels fins. Beside you need 8 for the barbs to really be themselves and they do get 3" long, so I doubt you would have room for the angels.

I have a barb tank, and they're great. Angels would not be a good idea. My shark sometimes chases the barbs around, but I think they all get along pretty well.

Update

pair of angels, still dont know what kind
12+ black phantom tetras, already have 3
dwarf golden honey gourami, already have
6 cories, dont know what kind
small pleco, recomendations

anything wrong, too many fish

Perhaps a bristlenose pleco or a gold nugget? I dont know that gold nuggets are the best of algae eaters, but they look cool. Bristlenoses from what I understand are some of the best at eating algae?

u may have to many fish if u add the angels. why not jus drop the angel idea and stick with what u have... it is a very nice list without the angels!

as for a pleco go with the bristlenose

Back
Top Bottom