Stocking 30 Gallon: Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragon.goby

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 30 gallon tank that I have just gotten from a thrift store for $5!!! I came with some glass panels for the top, a 24 wat florescent light bulb, a powerhead, and a 15 gallon filter (I sure hope the last owner had another filter with it). Anyway, my questions are:

1. What plant should I use? (I would prefer a heavily planted btw but I'm always up for suggestions)

2. Substrate?

3. How many watts of light per gallon?

4. Any other items I would need to keep the plants thriving?

Thanks in advanced! :)

Nice!

The amount of lighting you'll need will be based on your the requirements of your plants. I use a medium-grade sand.

I have a low-light setup that includes a single 17 watt T8 bulb. My plants include a couple of species of Cryptocoryne ("Crypts"), including C. spiralis (a tall background plant), and both the "green" and "red" variants C. wendtii (a medium-sized plant). Both are pretty easy.

Nice!

The amount of lighting you'll need will be based on your the requirements of your plants. I use a medium-grade sand.

I have a low-light setup that includes a single 17 watt T8 bulb. My plants include a couple of species of Cryptocoryne ("Crypts"), including C. spiralis (a tall background plant), and both the "green" and "red" variants C. wendtii (a medium-sized plant). Both are pretty easy.

Thanks! Do I need anything special for the plants?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom