Stocking 50 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CalebZachary

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got my new filter, and everythings ready to go on my 50 gallon tank. Any stocking ideas? I am open to just one fish, or multiples. (Never had an african cichilid tank) Just so you guys know I currently have an Oscar, FM, and Cons, so I don't really want another but I'd be interested in an Albino O, or Red O, but the 50 is a bit too small I believe.

IDEAS?!

The Oscar would do best alone in the 50. Both species won't do well with African cichlids

Got my new filter, and everythings ready to go on my 50 gallon tank. Any stocking ideas? I am open to just one fish, or multiples. (Never had an african cichilid tank) Just so you guys know I currently have an Oscar, FM, and Cons, so I don't really want another but I'd be interested in an Albino O, or Red O, but the 50 is a bit too small I believe.

IDEAS?!

Yes if you wanted another O u would need to have at least a 55 if you want color you could try a JD or green terror? If you want african you can do like 4 peacocks and jewels like maybe 2 and a couple and 3 yellow labs

You need at least 50 gallons per Oscar. I'd keep it alone because introducing a green terror would not be a good idea

That setup sounds ok. Oscars and cichlids in general are a but more aggressive in smaller or overcrowded tanks

Now I get it! Thank you. If you want African cichlids you can add zebras, labeotropheus trewavasae, and yellow labs

Back
Top Bottom