Stocking 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msamsonz28

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok for those who followed my post "Nasty Freshwater Tank", thanks for your help. After pwc's every other day or so and vacuuming the gravel and fixing the magnum 350 filter, everything looks great. My water parameters are ammonia 0, nitrate 5, nitrite 0...pH is still low however so I'm going to add a coral to try to raise it naturally (no supplements).
I've convinced my coworkers not to catch a catfish and put him in. And I've convinced them an Oscar is too big. Well now I don't really know what I should put in. I'm not familiar with fw fish at all. I would like alot of movement in the tank. Can anyone give me suggestions as to what would be good and which ones to add when? Thanks!

My girlfriend and I have PLENTY of movement in her tank. Look at my signature. The Bala Sharks are my favorite. The Tiger Barbs are pretty active too, but you need to have at least four of them in your tank. Otherwise they will pick on your other fish and cause them to stress.

heres what i have in my 55 and i know alot of people have ruffly the same
8 Bloodfin tetras
8 Rummynoses
8 Neon Tetras
8 Pristella Tetras
4 Peppered Cory Cats
1 Clown Pleco
1 Albino Bristlenose Pleco
1 dwarf gourami

my clown loaches are very active during the day. they love swimming in and around the rockwork.

otherwise i'd go with some sort of schooling fish like tetras or danios

Do you want smaller schooling fish like mentioned above or larger fish like African Cichlids?

You might try a dojo loach/weather loach. Wonderful, hardy fish, gets to 8-9 inches from what I've seen, great personality.

That depends on which ones you want. Are you thinking the New World Cichlids or the Africans?

if you're getting cichlids, pick which ones based on your tap water chemistry. it will make your life easier, and your fish happier.

Back
Top Bottom