Stocking 8 gallon cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meese-a-mew

Aquarium Advice Freak
It's a Fluval flora.
It will be planted and I was wondering what fish could go in there with a Betta.

African dwarf frogs, snails, and shrimp are the fish/others I can think of on the top of my head that would go amazingly with bettas in an 8 gallon tank.

There are other options out there, too. However, those are probably the best.

To be compatible with a betta, the fish must...

1. Doesn't look like the betta (no flashy colors)
2. Live in the same water conditions
3. The right size for a tank
4. Not a fin nipper

Good luck and happy fishkeeping!

I think the snails, shrimp and ottos are the only news that are compatible for that size though.

What about some green neon tetras or something?

I've heard neon tetras are not that good because they might fin nip if they are in not big enough schools... So add 8 green neon tetras or something, and make sure you have a back up plan! :)

Male guppies are defiantly a no-no: their colorful, long fins will seem like a threat to the betta. You could try female guppies or feeder guppies; they are not as flashy. However, I do not recommend feeder guppies. They could harbor diseases and also will most likely die in a few days (like feeder goldfish).

About the rummy noses... most tetras fin nip if they are feeling stressed out (i.e. not in large enough schools). The more rummy noses you have, the less likely they are to not fin nip. Be sure that you do not overstock!

I think some zebra danios or celestial pearl danios might work

Shrimp will look awesome. I probably wouldn't add any fish personally

Neon tetras, dwarf frogs, or another small schooling fish

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom