Stocking a 10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Campbell_Betta_

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
For my birthday I am getting a new 10 gallon tank for my room! I have looked on the internet for how to stock a ten gallon tank I know you can put a betta in but I want too know if you can put anything else in a 10 gallon because I already have 3 bettas!

From what I know, a 10 gallon severely limits you on what you can keep. Guppies would be a bad choice I think, because a Betta male can mistake a guppy for another Betta.

A couple of Neon Tetras, but they can get nippy and harass your Betta fish. I've had problems with mine. Observe them and remove the nippy ones, maybe.

Some white clouds maybe. Platties too.

5 x Celestial Pearl Danio, 3 to 5 Pygmy Cory, and a nice Nerite snail would be my suggestion.

Yep, I also agree with this recommendation [emoji106]

I'd up the celestial pearl danios to at least 8 and get 6 Pygmy corys. I prefer habrosus Corys to Pygmys though- Habrosus is just a different type of dwarf corydora.

Badis are supposed to be neat, diet is a little more work than some but you can have quite a few in a ten gallon

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom