Stocking a 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Orbus

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all - trying to stock my girlfriend's 10 gallon for her. She has kept a variety of fish in there over time, without a lot of luck. Last set was some angelfish she was keeping... didn't go so well. One killed the other two off and then a while later died himself. So, I've promised her I would try to find her a set of fish that won't result in total annihilation.

She seems attracted to livebearers (I've warned her the young will get eaten, but she doesn't seem to mind). Right now I'm thinking along the lines of:

1 dwarf gourami
4-6 endlers livebearers
2-3 small cory cats

The gourami would be the centerpiece and I'm also hoping he would provide population control by eating the fry. I am concerned about the gourami bullying the endlers though. I'm kind of in uncharted territory here, having only really dealt with tetras and bettas.

She wanted platys, but I'm afraid they're too large to have more than a few, especially considering they'll start breeding. At least endlers are small. Any comments are appreciated.

I think 1 dwarf gourami, 4 endlers and 2 cory cats might be good, I dont think the dwarf gourami will bully the others since most are really peaceful (when they are well fed)...Well thats my opinion....

Get more than 2-3 cories. They are schooling, so I'd get atleast 4-6. Go for a smaller type of cory like Pandas, False Juliis (C. trilineatus), or the dwarf cories (C. habrosus, C. pygmaeus, C. hastatus)....and get 6. :)

Back
Top Bottom