Stocking a 175 sa/ca tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jfolk1895

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What fish can I put in a 175 I have 1 1 inch tiger oscar 2 inch red devil and 3 inch albino oscar

Whatever you want at that size except insane stuff like peacock bass or dovii.i personally like dempseys and green terrors. A red terror (festae) would be nice or synspillium. Could try jaguars (managuense) or Texas cichlids. Trimac or buttokoferi would go as well

What fish can I put in a 175 I have 1 1 inch tiger oscar 2 inch red devil and 3 inch albino oscar

Do you want a community tank or some glass bangers?

Whatever you want at that size except insane stuff like peacock bass or dovii.i personally like dempseys and green terrors. A red terror (festae) would be nice or synspillium. Could try jaguars (managuense) or Texas cichlids. Trimac or buttokoferi would go as well

Very good recommendations.

I got a dempsey and a green texas the demp is like 1 inch n the texas is about 4 ima post pics later on but I want something that'll make people say **** that fish is huge lol the tank is gonna be in my living room

Vieja Synspilum and Trimac can get 15 inch if you have a male. Maybe more. Black belt cichlid too.

I got a veja but my texas is bullying him and I can't get him out, I tried the fish trap but he's to scared to come near me

I got a veja but my texas is bullying him and I can't get him out, I tried the fish trap but he's to scared to come near me

Get more fish and spread the aggression as well as move decor around. More Texas may be the quickest solution. Grab a couple that are bigger than yours and it may level things out.

Ima get another texas when I get my tank currently everyone is in a 55 gallon I know its small but that's why I wanted tips on a 175, (I'm getting in 2 weeks) , this is the guy that runs the tank

ForumRunner_20130220_072844.jpg

Back
Top Bottom