Stocking a 29 Gallon tank need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cauterox04

Aquarium Advice Activist
I really like angel fish and either bolivian rams or blue rams I just don't know what to put in my tank . please give me some of your ideas what to put in this tank. you don't need to use the fish I listen I just need ideas

Here is what is in my 29 gallon, just to give you an idea.
6 rummy nose tetras
6 pristella tetras
5 glow light tetras
2 pearl gourami
1 red platy
1 albino bristle nose pleco
1 amano shrimp

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

But you could do a angelfish instead of the gouramis. I wouldn't do more then 1 angel though.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Say I wanted a cichlid what one and what tank mates would you go with

Here's a screen shot of my notes from planning a 29g. I was aiming for a "centerpiece fish" + other community fish that would get along and have similar parameters.

At one time I was considering an angel. It would go. But it doesn't leave as much room for other fish.

Attachments

• Temp.jpg
    Temp.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 56
That worked for you? Sounds like a solid set up. I just can't get my mind set on what I want. I like tiger barbs but nothing really go with them. I want a semi aggressive/ aggressive tank

The ones I'd suggest differ depending on the cichlid you want... Angelfish have a tendency to kill smaller tankmates, while Rams or Kribs are much more tolerant.

If you go with Rams or Kribs, you might want to consider dither fish to help them feel more confident so they can show their full colors and personality. Dwarf rainbows (threadfins are my favorites, but there are several types), cherry barbs, and danios are all good options and tend to be small enough that they won't usually pick off any fry if the cichlids breed (though the danios may try).

If you go with Angelfish, you'll want larger fish and/or very fast & nimble fish that can stay out of the Angel's way if it decides to take a nip at them. Larger Tetras (Black or White Skirts work well), Pencilfish, or Killies work well with them.

Back
Top Bottom