Stocking a 30 nano, suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bduni50

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, water looks good so I'm read to add some life. Have a 36"x12" foot print

Live stock (open to suggestions)
Clown-must
Fire fish gobie
Bennie
Wrasse

All great fish, what type of wrasse you going to do? Tailspot blenny's are pretty neat. What kind of clown? Any inverts or you doing fish only?

Not sure on the wrasse. Need to see what's available. Would like two shrimp and couple of crabs. Then clean up crew.

A six line or possum wrasse would work. Also get 2 clowns, they're much more entertaining in pairs.

A six line or possum wrasse would work. Also get 2 clowns, they're much more entertaining in pairs.

I have a yellow banded possum wrasse and he is awesome! 6 Lines are really cool but hear they can be aggressive. I had one in the past and he was fine with the other fish though.

fire shrimp hide a lot there not as social as the cleaner skunk shrimp
I have both and if I could catch the fire shrimp I'd trade him out with another skunk cleaner
never seen a aggressive 6 line active yes aggressive no

I really like the six line, think I will try one. Skunk cleaner for sure. What is another cool shrimp? For crabs I would love a pompom. Maybe a emerald crab. Suggestions for a clean up crew?

So think I'm leaning towards (for now)

Fish-
Pair of o. Clowns
Six line wrasse
Goby of some sort
Blenny

Inverts-
Skunk cleaner
Some peppermints (how many)??
Pom Pom crab
Another crab (undecided)

Clean up crew?????? Suggestions????

if you want a pom pom crab stay away from a emerald as it will kill the pom pom
another note 1 crab per 25 gallons is a basic rule of thumb

Finding more extra critters/hh during cycle....ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403752670.371139.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403752687.095826.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403752705.065426.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403752724.984009.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403752742.728480.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403753521.117361.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403753535.734682.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403753568.500157.jpg
And the cycle has began. Ammonia is up! Think a few more days and pull the shrimp!!

Nice rockwork! I love branch rock and you have a good amount of interesting pieces, nice job!

Your stock list sounds good so far. Even lightly stocked I'd say which is a good thing. :)

I think I've heard similar remarks about 1 crab per 25g but I have gone with bunches at times with no ill effects. Just remember for all the clean up crew you need to have food for them too. Crabs love meaty items, for the most part. I always always have emerald crabs in my tanks. Love those guys and their little dance they do on the front glass.lol You have a long tank and I bet you could get away with 2 in there. How about a serpent star after you have everything stocked? Awesome critter you can actually hand feed, alot easier to keep than any other starfish too. But I;d wait til everything is settled and you are mostly stocked.

Just some more ideas for ya!

Thanks carey!The waiting sux, but gives me time to decide what I want in the tank.

How about a tuxedo urchin?? I love mine, always has something on him that he picked up around the tank :)

Back
Top Bottom