Stocking a 55

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calfishguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys I'm in the process of reorganizing the stock in my tanks and want some suggestions for my 55 gallon. It currently is the home to a leopard ctenepoma, 5 lemon tetras, 7 black skirt tetras, and 3 boesmani rainbows. I am already aware of the fact that the lemon tetras could eventually become food for my ctenepoma, but am hoping otherwise. I also am planning on adding an additional 3 rainbows. Do yin guys think I am stocked?
Could I add an angelfish, gourami, or festivum perhaps?

I have an AC 70 on the tank and conduct a pwc of 50% on a weekly basis.

Thanks for your help.

I think a three spot gourami could work.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

No festivum. Any large gourami would work. The Leaf Fish could damage an angel if it went after the pectorial fins.

Okay so festivum has been crossed off the list. Has anyone successfully kept an angel and ctenepoma together before? Does anyone have other suggestions or input?

I have been researching online and have played around on aquadvisor. Does adding an angel and a gourami or maybe a dwarf gourami or two sound like a bad idea? Or should i just stick to the one angel or the one gourami. Ill check my nitrates tonight before my pwc to get an idea on my bio load and let you guys know the results.

Ok so I checked my nitrates and they are only at 10 after about a week, and after a visit to Lfs I think I know what I want. I'll add 3 more rainbows, an angel, and a gold gourami. Does that sound good?

Back
Top Bottom