stocking a 75 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LoriLeskiw

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay so I currently have a 75 gallon tank cycling right now. And i need stocking ideas. I don't want live plants and I have plenty of hiding and decor for anything. I would like a peaceful community and some color. any ideas will be very helpful

Livebearers are always an option, they eat at the top but also scavenge for food at the bottom so you don't need a bottom feeder.

Some larger tetras or barbs with some bottom dwelling fish like corydoras or kuhli loaches would work. I personally like Odessa barbs, they are beautiful.

You could do a pair of angelfish with (again) deep bodied tetras and a bottom dwelling fish.

Or skip the community tank and do a flowerhorn or oscar. Definitely no live plants needed for them.

A tank of a few tetra species would be attractive, with corys on the bottom. A school of 6-8 angels would also look nice. I'm not fond of one single fish of a species because fish do better in schools. And Oscars get HUGE.

Thank you all I will check them all out. I do have Mollies and Platies in 2 other tanks and might transfer some over to the bigger tank.

What do you all think about some Discus, Cardinal Tetras and either clown loaches or corys

Okay so update,
Put in 2 silver mollies , 4 black Mollies from my other Tanks.
Added 3 Electric Blue Acara Cichlids 1 is a male and 2 are females
6 Longfin Red Minor Tetras
2 Julii Corys
and 2 BN Plecos

I would like to add more Corys and Maybe another 6 of the reds then some top floating plants.
103452564_10220376261250601_874437674104501861_n.jpg

I'd add the Corys first since 2 is definately not enough for them to feel comfortable

Yep Going to see if they have anymore Wednesday. The two I have are surprisingly pretty comfortable. But I knew when I got them that I wanted at least 6 but they only had the 2. I also want to get a couple more for my 30 gallon.

okay so I went and picked up 3 more julii cories, 6 more red hifin minor tetras and 2 more Electric blue acara cichlids. for the 75 gallon and by luck a black kuhli loach for the 30 gallon. I believe with the acara I have 2 males and 3 females or 2 females and 3 males. they are still quite small so not sure if the smallest one is a male or female

Back
Top Bottom