Stocking Advice for a 20 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laurelhed

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We have an almost cycled 20gal and are looking at what fish to add. I would like to plant the tank, and have a large-ish driftwood, and a couple of decorations. We know we want a rubber lip pleco, which could reach 7", and needs a rock. My daughter likes pink zebra danios, so I thought a school of 6. I like mollies, but understand their bio load is pretty heavy, so not sure with a pleco as well. We both like loaches, and thought maybe a shrimp or two, but am not sure what else we can add. I just want to keep the tank clean, peaceful, and not overstocked, but interesting. My 4-year-old (the tank's in her room and is "hers") wants pretty colors and a pleco! Any advice/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

laurelhed said:
We have an almost cycled 20gal and are looking at what fish to add. I would like to plant the tank, and have a large-ish driftwood, and a couple of decorations. We know we want a rubber lip pleco, which could reach 7", and needs a rock. My daughter likes pink zebra danios, so I thought a school of 6. I like mollies, but understand their bio load is pretty heavy, so not sure with a pleco as well. We both like loaches, and thought maybe a shrimp or two, but am not sure what else we can add. I just want to keep the tank clean, peaceful, and not overstocked, but interesting. My 4-year-old (the tank's in her room and is "hers") wants pretty colors and a pleco! Any advice/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

IMO a 7" pleco would be pushing it in a 20g. Have you looked into bristlenose plecos? They only reach 4-5" and IMO a better fit for a 20g. Is it a 20g long or tall?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom