Stocking Feedback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jodibug

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29 gallon with penguin 350 filter. It is currently moderately planted with plans for it to be heavily planted (all live). Tank has been up and running for 3 months with the only issue being one round of ick ( I don't have a QT tank and the disease came after adding new stock) which I successfully treated by raising the temp.

I currently have:
3 black skirt teta
2 gold skirt tetra
5 flame tetra
1 powder blue dwarf gourami

I'd like to add:
5 longfin zebra danio
5 glass catfish
1 more dwarf gourami (I understand I should try to get a female as the one I currently have is male and 2 males may not get along)

Aqadvisor has me at 147% filtration and 107% stocking with all of this in the tank. The 7% over has me a little worried, but from what I understand (I'm a new hobbyist) aqadvisor is a bit conservative and live plants give me more filtration. As long as I'm checking my parameters and doing wc accordingly this should work, right? Thanks for any feedback!

I have a 29 gallon with penguin 350 filter. It is currently moderately planted with plans for it to be heavily planted (all live). Tank has been up and running for 3 months with the only issue being one round of ick ( I don't have a QT tank and the disease came after adding new stock) which I successfully treated by raising the temp.

I currently have:
3 black skirt teta
2 gold skirt tetra
5 flame tetra
1 powder blue dwarf gourami

I'd like to add:
5 longfin zebra danio
5 glass catfish
1 more dwarf gourami (I understand I should try to get a female as the one I currently have is male and 2 males may not get along)

Aqadvisor has me at 147% filtration and 107% stocking with all of this in the tank. The 7% over has me a little worried, but from what I understand (I'm a new hobbyist) aqadvisor is a bit conservative and live plants give me more filtration. As long as I'm checking my parameters and doing wc accordingly this should work, right? Thanks for any feedback!

I say pick two schooling fish and add to their numbers. A bunch of different schooling fish in small numbers just looks cluttered. I wouldn't add the glass cats, they are quite skittish and I'd think you'd need more to keep them out and about. Which of the 5 different schooling fish do you like best? I'd pick your top 2 and stick to them.

I say pick two schooling fish and add to their numbers. A bunch of different schooling fish in small numbers just looks cluttered. I wouldn't add the glass cats, they are quite skittish and I'd think you'd need more to keep them out and about. Which of the 5 different schooling fish do you like best? I'd pick your top 2 and stick to them.

That makes sense. I already have the skirt tetra and the flame tetra so I could certainly add more of those, but the top of my tank looks really bare and I feel like it needs something. That's why I wanted the danios.

Do your gold tetras and black skirts school together? If they do add 2 more black skirts and 4 more flame tetras.

Back
Top Bottom