Stocking for 33g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scotty1301

Aquarium Advice Regular
2xangelfish
6X neon tetra
6x rummy nose
1x bristlenose plec
5x Cory's
4x guppy

Is this a 33g long? I'd probably skip the angels and do a pair of rams or apistos instead. A honey gourami would be a lovely addition as well. I prefer cardinals to neons and might aim to do at least 8-10 for each school of tetras and 6 cories while subtracting the guppies out.

I would take out the BN pleco, once they are full size they are pooping machines and probably add about 10x more waste to your tank than any other fish. If you have sand substrate you will see their poop collecting in piles all over the tank. I just returned mine because of this.

2 angels may work but I would STRONGLY recommend only 1 angel. Unless you get lucky and get a male/female pair that likes each other you will most likely end up with a constant brawl until 1 dies. I would also recommend cardinals over neons and drop the guppies as the angel may eat them and up the tetra schools up to 8. If you decide against the bnp get 4-6 ottos instead.

My main concern about the angels would be that a normal 33g is typically only about 12 inches high. But it's totally cool if it's not one of those.

Back
Top Bottom