Stocking?? Goldies and mystery snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miyavp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have a 37gal tank with three little ryukins. I know idealy I should have a 40gal but I didnt have any money and I found this tank cheap used. Would it be okay to put a mystery snail into the tank? I know goldfish like to eat snails but I read mystery(apple) snails are large enough to were they will be fine. I had an common pleco but he recently started snacking on my ryukins so I had to take him out and now the tank it looking pretty dirty.
Also my boyfriend who took my pleco has a 10gal and he was wondering if a corydora or two would be okay in his tank with his pleco. I really wish I'd done my research first with this fish as I would'nt have boughten him. I'm a fish owner who didnt do her research first found out later and is now trying pretty hard to do things the right way. So if you could not be super mean about it I'd aprciate it I've have some people be pretty rude about me asking questions which isnt really helpfull.

Mystery snails should be fine if you get big ones. As to the pleco question, adding cories is a absolutely not. Common plecos reach two feet and need a 125 gal tank. That ten gal is wholly unsufficent. Please remove the pleco and rehome or upgrade tank sizes now.
But if you really want cories, once you remove the pleco you could do a school of 6-8 Pygmy cories.

Hi! Yes, mystery snails are fine as long as they are large enough that they wont fit in anybodys mouth (or they will become dinner). Hows everyone doing?

I had mystery snails with my Goldies and it works out well, as long as the snails are large. In terms of clean up though, mystery snails poop A LOT. I wouldn't say that they cleaned the tank at all, but they're sure cute to look at!

I was worried about that. I dont have that option right now tho....i've been looking for a 55gal for him i've yet to find one i can afford. My goldies are doin great :) my nitrates got a little high a few days ago so i did abit of a water change. Got them some new goldfish food they just love :) but the corydors would be okay by themselves in a ten? Mkay i'm gonna continue looking for a larger tank for him.

Back
Top Bottom