Stocking ideas (30gal)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prestoconfuoco

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

I wanted to check on how my 30gal is stocked -- I don't think I've overstocked but I wanted to be sure. If I do have room for more fish, I wanted some ideas on other species that could be kept with mine.

Green corydoras x5
Peppered corydoras x2
Platy 3x
Molly 2x
Balloon molly x2
Highfin platy
Bristlenose pleco
(16 fish, though only the pleco, one of the platies, and the peppered corydoras are fully grown)

What are some other peaceful species I could keep with these guys?

Are the livebearers all male? If not you’ll probably end up with more than 16 fish soon!

I’d fill out the school of peppered cories first since they preferentially school with their own species.

I don't have a lot of experience with relationships between fish (best way I know is to look up all possible species and check compatibility). The way I check if my tanks aren't overstocked is by using this website: aqadvisor.com

It really helps me out: just put in the tank dimensions, filter model, species, and number of fish.

Thanks for the help, guys. Really appreciate the stocking calculator -- they say I'm overstocked, so no more fish for me for now. They also informed me I need real driftwood for my bristlenose -- I only have some plastic hides so I'm ordering driftwood and some plants today.

No, the livebearers aren't all male -- these are from petco/petsmart so they didn't ask me about sex -- but my understanding is the fry will likely be eaten by the other fish?

I really want to fill out the peppered cory school as well -- might have to see if I can offload a few livebearers to make room!

Back
Top Bottom