Stocking ideas for 15g heated tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newgirl

Aquarium Advice Regular
Am presently cycling the tank so other than two plants it is empty.

Haven't kept tropical fish in 20 years and would like something peaceful and hardy.

Am thinking:

3 male guppies

some male platys?
some pygmy cories?

Would prefer things that don't breed as only 15g tank and just bought a 90g for my goldfish as they were in the 15g so don't want to get into an overstocking situation again.

I checked on Aqadvice - for the stocking but not sure what is hardy and compatible.

Thank you guys!

If you want a personable and beautiful fish I would definitely recommend a male betta. Be careful on what to put with it because it can get extremely aggressive and territorial. Not sure if they would go with the fish you suggested but I would do some research on them to make sure. These little guys are extremely hardy and have great personalities! They are very smart and even recognize their owner over time! hope this helps. :D

A small school of long fin danios. I have some long fin leopard danios in my 35 gallon and they are lovely and very active. I'm not an expert on stocking but you could maybe do 5 danios and 3 cories with some zebra nerite snails. The nerite snails lay eggs but the eggs need salt water to hatch. It's weird. The danios I have have never had babies.

Danios: http://www.thatpetplace.com/Danio-rerio-frankei-longfin-leopard-207178

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom