Stocking ideas for 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gq2212

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Do you have a 29 gallon aquarium? If so what do you have in it looking for ideas on what will look nice

In our 29 gallon, we have
· 1 dwarf gourami
· 7 guppies (and 11 fry)
· 7 Harlequin rasboras
· 2 mystery snails
· 4 nerites
· 3 rabbit snails

Were I to do it again, I would not do guppies. They are colorful and active, but they constantly poop logs.

Hey thanks for sharing that i was actually thinking of getting guppies but will keep on looking to see wat else i can get

Have a 30g with one keyhole cichlid, a bristlenose plec and a bunch of guppies. Wouldn't do a plec in any tank just because they're poop machines. The keyhole keeps the guppy population from exploding and has an awesome personality

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Have a 30g with one keyhole cichlid, a bristlenose plec and a bunch of guppies. Wouldn't do a plec in any tank just because they're poop machines. The keyhole keeps the guppy population from exploding and has an awesome personality

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Thanks for taking your time to share that.. I just searched up the keyhole cichlid and looks cool i will be doing more research on it.

I would do something like:

10 Black Neon or Rummynose Tetra

6 Sterbia Cory

1 Pearl Gourami

1 Male Swordtail

10 RCS

1 Bamboo Shrimp

1 Assassin Snail

And making the tank heavily planted with easy plants.

I have my 36 gallon bow front stocked very similar (except with both schools of Tetra) and I love it.

I would do something like:

10 Black Neon or Rummynose Tetra

6 Sterbia Cory

1 Pearl Gourami

1 Male Swordtail

10 RCS

1 Bamboo Shrimp

1 Assassin Snail

And making the tank heavily planted with easy plants.

I have my 36 gallon bow front stocked very similar (except with both schools of Tetra) and I love it.
I actually like that and ima go for it! Thanks for helping

Back
Top Bottom