stocking ideas for 29gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awilson133

Aquarium Advice FINatic
move this thread if its posted in the wrong category.

I wondering what I should stock my 29 gallon with. my first plan was a neon tetra tank only with a few plants. now im having second thoughts. any ideas?

Unless you reallly like neon tetras, I wouldn't do a species only tank, but that's just me.

With that you could do a school or cories, a couple schools of some type of tetra or danios and some type of gouami or other centerpiece fish.

I really like them but...i doubt ill do it now.
I want mainly peaceful community fish. what specific species sound good? I know you.said tetras and cories but anything specific?

Do a school of cories, a school of tetras and a pair of German blue rams. Or instead of tetras check out green tiger barbs, I got some a little while back and they are awesome.

kdpuffer said:
Do a school of cories, a school of tetras and a pair of German blue rams. Or instead of tetras check out green tiger barbs, I got some a little while back and they are awesome.

I thought about some blue rams. I love the way gold gouramis look. so I was thinking like 2 gold gouramis 1male and 1female. 8 neon tetras. and 1 or 2? blue rams. overstocked? constuctive critisim welcome:)

The gold gouramis could become aggressive if they get to mating. Not sure if they would mix with rams. Maybe pick one or the other. Some of that depends on what kind of cover and hiding places you have.

okay well id rather get the gold gourami. so maybe 2 females? is that a option?

Whatever you do for a center piece fish I would strive for a pair. The personality andinteraction is much more interesting, if you want to make a little cash sell the fry if they spawn or leave them in the tank to be eaten and sell/trade any that survive. I also recommend rams or gourami but not both, they occupy the same area of the tank which could pose issues. in my opinion you could do tetras and gourami/rams and get a school of cories. Cories are great for cleaning up the bottom and are very cool to watch, full of personality.

okay so how about this.
2 gold gourami.
6 cories?
6 tetras?
sound good or no..

I personally have panda cories and cardinal tetras. Maybe some of the green cories I think they are called emerald.

okay so my tank is finally cycled!!:) but Im not sure what to stock first.. im gonna wait on the gold gouramis. idk if I should do the neon tetras first? I cant really do cories cause my gravel is to rough. so maybe another school of tetras? any prefrence?
no tiger barbs.

Back
Top Bottom