Stocking ideas for 46G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishguy04

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I just started a fish-less cycle on my tank and even though I know I'm 4 weeks or so from adding fish I would like to start doing some research on some possible stocking choices. Currently I have 5 cardinal tetras and a red tail shark in a fluval edge tank that I plan on transferring over. I would like to add 5 more cardinals and 2 angel fish but other that than I really don't know what would compliment the fish I currently have. I know I want it to look full with colour but not over crowded. I have a black background with black sand and I plan on decorating with some rocks, drift wood and some low light plants. All suggestions are welcome and if anyone see any conflict with what I already have, please let me know.

So I just started a fish-less cycle on my tank and even though I know I'm 4 weeks or so from adding fish I would like to start doing some research on some possible stocking choices. Currently I have 5 cardinal tetras and a red tail shark in a fluval edge tank that I plan on transferring over. I would like to add 5 more cardinals and 2 angel fish but other that than I really don't know what would compliment the fish I currently have. I know I want it to look full with colour but not over crowded. I have a black background with black sand and I plan on decorating with some rocks, drift wood and some low light plants. All suggestions are welcome and if anyone see any conflict with what I already have, please let me know.

Have you looked into any bottom dwellers like cories?

Have you looked into any bottom dwellers like cories?

No, I haven't really looked into any fish other than what I posted. My issue is I don't know where to start since I've never had a tank this size.....so cories are first on my list, thanks for the suggestion

No, I haven't really looked into any fish other than what I posted. My issue is I don't know where to start since I've never had a tank this size.....so cories are first on my list, thanks for the suggestion

You could also look into bristlenose pleco's. They only grow to 4 inches so they don't get huge like commons do. I have an albino one and I love it. One day I want to get a long fin bristlenose albino pleco. They are gorgeous!

Does anyone know what to stock with 3 tiger barbs and 3 green glo barbs?

You need atleast 6 tiger barbs. It's in their nature to be aggressive, especially when kept in few numbers like your planning on doing. I'm sure there will still be aggression even with 6 but it should be curved some if you get 6.

I'd move the fish into the 46 ASAP. Just move the media from the edge into the new filter to help cycle it (if the edge is cycled, it'll stay that way for the fish you have now; if it isn't, a fish-in cycle in a 46 will be easier than in an Edge with fish of that size and bioload).

Does anyone know what to stock with 3 tiger barbs and 3 green glo barbs?

Also if your planning on tiger barbs, I've read, again read... I've never had them myself, that having cories and tiger barbs together is a no no. Hopefully someone who has had tiger barbs can chime in on this.

Yea I already have the barbs do I'm just looking for more to get. Cories not so sure about however I like albino ones.

I'd move the fish into the 46 ASAP. Just move the media from the edge into the new filter to help cycle it (if the edge is cycled, it'll stay that way for the fish you have now; if it isn't, a fish-in cycle in a 46 will be easier than in an Edge with fish of that size and bioload).

You just answered a question a posted on another thread! Thanks.

I got 4 green barbs, and 4 corys...I guess we will find out when they go in next week from quarintine...

Back
Top Bottom