Stocking ideas for a 50 tall tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mommachef

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am cycling this 50 gallon tall tank, and I have no idea what I want to put in it! So I'm here. Haha
I want something different, I thought about angelfish but I already have them in another tank, so I'm not sure I want more.
Would gouramis or rams work in a tank like that? I was looking at both species and I like both of them, but I'm not too familiar with either when it comes to tank preferences.
Thanks!

Attachments

• image-901679069.jpg
    image-901679069.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 122
  • image-2995271457.jpg
    image-2995271457.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 100
Rams and gourami would do fine in a 50, even one like that. Keep in mind that tank can't have as many fish as you would like, low surface area means low oxygen levels, and a tall tank doesn't provide much swimming room for the tank.

Rams and gourami would do fine in a 50, even one like that. Keep in mind that tank can't have as many fish as you would like, low surface area means low oxygen levels, and a tall tank doesn't provide much swimming room for the tank.

Agreed on all points!
I have a power head I put into it, and a bubble wall at the bottom. I haven't decided how i want to do it yet but I will be adding another bubble wall in the middle to add more air. I'll figure that out once I put some decorations in it.
Just got back from giving my fish store all of my money (buying driftwood, moss, and a 75 gallon tank), and I'm going to put a little school of angels and maybe a few gouramis. I spent probably 45 minutes watching their angel display tank, asking a billion questions about their setup, and then decided on them. Lol

Back
Top Bottom