Stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keegster803

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 20 gallon tall, what should I stock in it? I am currently getting some endler's, but other than that, I need some ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

You have way too many possibilities to list. I will give you a few, but I think that your best bet is just to make a trip to your lfs and see what they have and what you like and write down names so you can do some research.
Small rainbows, most commonly available tetras, platies, cories, rams, otos, dwarf or honey gourami, smaller barbs are a few options. There are quite a few very cool tetras like the penguin, Pristella, diamond tetras, and ember tetras to name a few. You could also consider some smaller tankmates like celestial pearl danios. Again though, I would look into what is around you.

Red eye red tail puffer, wrestling half beaks, rainbow fish.

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can you distinguish endler females from guppy females easily?

Main difference is that female (and/or male) endler's don't eat their fry, female guppies do. Start with a dozen endler's, and after the first couple broods of fry mature and start reproducing you'll soon have hundreds of fry.

Cuz I wanted to put female endler's in my female guppy tank

Back
Top Bottom