Stocking level check

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John h

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've almost got my tank to the level of stocking I had planned. I thought I would get see what people thought. My tank is 165 liters and have a 1000 liter/ hour filter. So far I have the following fish:

3 - dwarf gouramis
7 - platies
5 - bronze corys
9 - blue neon tetras

I was thinking of adding another school of small fish (size of the neon tetras) and maybe a Ram (not sure if he will play well with what I have).

Thoughts?

The ram will do great! They're one of the smaller and more peaceful cichlids, but are very sensitive to water parameters, especially German blues. I'd go with 1 Bolivian ram, since they're a bit hardier, and a small school of black skirt tetras. Maybe 4 or 5 would be ok.

Rumminose tetras

I would suggest a school of rummynose tetras, they are beautiful, the only downside is that they trend to swim in the lower level, but if you get 6 or 7 they shool great.

JMO:D

...I'd go with 1 Bolivian ram, since they're a bit hardier.....

Nice looking fish, thanks for the recommendation
Bolivian Butterfly 4cm - American - Cichlids - Tropical Fish

I would suggest a school of rummynose tetras, they are beautiful, the only downside is that they trend to swim in the lower level, but if you get 6 or 7 they shool great.

JMO:D

I saw the rummynose in my LFS on the weekend and thought they would look great in the tank. Would I be pushing it if I got 10 of them?

I think that you can add 10. Just keep reading your levels of ammonia, nitrites and nitrates, you have enough filter based on the data provided.

I dont forget your weekly PWC.

Good luck

0X

Back
Top Bottom