Stocking limits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Tried this once & got multiple views but no responses
Rearranging tanks & need to know what my limits are for gish so I put everyone in the right tank
Have a 55, 65 & 30 high, each comes with a 6" pleco
"Fish" are guppies, assorted tetras, 5 Amano shrimp & 50+ neo shrimp (probably more but they move to fast to get an accurate count)
Currently tetras are in 55, guppies & shrimp in 60 30 os empty eccept for pleco (giving current occupants to hubby for his 125)
Was thinking of moving tetras to 60, guppies & amano to 55 and doing only the neo shrimp in 30 tall but need to know my limits to make sure this change is possible

The inch per gallon guideline kind of gives a kind of a start (kind of :) ) but there are so many exceptions it breaks apart very quickly. Having said that, I do make use of it to try and picture the fish full-grown and swimming around.

All I have found useful is to stock one less school of fish type than you think and increase the other school sizes. An extra school can always be added in a few months but if it does look stocked can skipped. Whereas adding to an existing school I often find fish seem to do better and stocking-wise doesn't seem as noticeable. Some thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom