Stocking my 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Satchel_Paige

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I finally got my tank set up and cycled it seems so time for the fun part! I have a 29 gallon tank with an Aquaclear 50 and a tetra wisper pf 10 filters. I have sand substrate and a few plastic plants and a cave. I currently have 4 albino corys and two dwarf gouramis. First thing I need is some floating plants for the gouramis as my local fish store did not tell me that it is perferred by those guys. Any suggestions for specifics? I was looking at Black ruby barbs but was told they might be too active for my gouramis and was going to get some german blue rams, but after reading up on them I don't think that I want to go with them anymore. I know I am getting an angelfish last and was recommended to get a bristlenose pleco with it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a fun, brightly colored fish that would be compatible with these? Thanks for your help in advance.

I finally got my tank set up and cycled it seems so time for the fun part! I have a 29 gallon tank with an Aquaclear 50 and a tetra wisper pf 10 filters. I have sand substrate and a few plastic plants and a cave. I currently have 4 albino corys and two dwarf gouramis. First thing I need is some floating plants for the gouramis as my local fish store did not tell me that it is perferred by those guys. Any suggestions for specifics? I was looking at Black ruby barbs but was told they might be too active for my gouramis and was going to get some german blue rams, but after reading up on them I don't think that I want to go with them anymore. I know I am getting an angelfish last and was recommended to get a bristlenose pleco with it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a fun, brightly colored fish that would be compatible with these? Thanks for your help in advance.

Bolivian rams are a better choice than GBR in my opinion there easier to take care of and are interesting buggers

40 gallon planted aquarium
1x leopard ctenopoma
1x albino bichir
1x tiger pleco

75 gallon native tank
5 pumpkin seed sunfish
1 red crayfish
1 spotted bass

Dwarf water lettuce is nice as is frog bit for floating plants. I don't know much about gouramis except that they are related to bettas and so they are not compatible. I also liked the look of harlequin rasboras but I haven't kept any. A 29g is kind small for an angel in my opinion. They get quite large.

Dwarf water lettuce is nice as is frog bit for floating plants. I don't know much about gouramis except that they are related to bettas and so they are not compatible. I also liked the look of harlequin rasboras but I haven't kept any. A 29g is kind small for an angel in my opinion. They get quite large.

Yeah I was kicking around scratching the angel, even though aqadvisor and my lfs said that it should be fine. I just really want a fish that has personality and it seemed like the most logical for my tank set up.

Back
Top Bottom