Stocking of a 20 gallon high

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coloradokid13

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have a 20 gallon tall stock
1 Dwarf Flame Gourami
2 Male platys
4 Peppered Cory's

I want either a school of Flame Tetras or Harlequin Rasboras

I have von rio flame tetra.. I really like them.. Either is a good choice.. Just go with the one that's cheaper at the LFS since you have to buy 5+

Get two more cory cats they are schooling fish and require schools of six or more. You could also get some more platies. Tetras are great too.

Thank you all for the advice. I've been told multiple times that for such a small floor scape 4 Cory's are fine and they seem pretty happy. I like the idea of what ever is cheaper but if there is not a huge difference ill go with the Rasboras

In a 20high the 4 peppered corys will be fine. Like you've said the footprint in that aquarium isn't significant enough for many more bottom dwellers and peppereds can get alot bigger than most people realize.

No cories are schooling fish and new schools of 6+, five being a bare minimum. Otherwise they will be nervous and get stressed. Getting two more wont be a problem at all so why not? It'll make them much happier.

The O.P. is asking about a school of mid level fish.
While i agree with you in so far as Cory's needing to be in schools, though some more than other species suffer if not in larger numbers. Peppered corys are not one of the species that "need" larger numbers to feel comfortable and imo 4 is fine, although i have 8 in a 40b :)

Cichlid Kid said:
While i agree with you in so far as Cory's needing to be in schools, though some more than other species suffer if not in larger numbers. Peppered corys are not one of the species that "need" larger numbers to feel comfortable and imo 4 is fine, although i have 8 in a 40b :)

I agree 4 is fine and adding more would just give them less space.

Oh okay. I was just going with my own knowledge. Okay yeah I agree with you all then. Just stick with four. Sorry, I didn't know!

Guys my questions about this thread are not about the corries it's about having a school of medium range fish as I've asked before Could cherry barbs work in this stock

Coloradokid13 said:
Guys my questions about this thread are not about the corries it's about having a school of medium range fish as I've asked before Could cherry barbs work in this stock

Sorry you must be frustrated! I think it would be fine. And I think they will get along fine with your Platys. What's your final stock going to be with the Barbs

Back
Top Bottom