Stocking opinions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Case

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 60 Gal I'm going to be working on setting up slowly over the next few months. I'm a little too eager when I get a new tank and like to plan out as much as I can as soon as I can so if I can get input on my stalk that'd be awesome!

6 boesemans rainbowfish
2 Bolivian rams
6 Bronze Corys
1 Golden Gourami
5 Ottos
1 Red Tail Shark
15 Rummynose Tetras

I plan to have a Fluval 406 and 206 filtering this tank, as well as a decent amount of relatively lowlight plants. I plan to have it a castle/ship graveyard theme. Will likely mix gravel with Flourite.

I have 5 other tanks so I'm relatively experienced in maintaining tanks but please feel free to comment~

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good stock wise, but you might want to wait till it's established before you add the oto's. They are pretty sensitive and in my experience (though other's have had better ones) will not eat prepared foods like wafers and instead eat only algae and biofilm growing within the tank.
I'd also be weary of the shark with the small fish as they can occasionally try to eat them. But otherwise it sounds good to me.

Oh, and reading the title I thought you were talking about the act of stalking someone rather than stocking a tank lol no offense meant by it, but it really sparked my interest!

Thanks for the input!
Yes, I would probably wait until it's been running at least a month to add anything other than the tetras and corys. I'll be using a new 406 filter as well as a 206 from a pre-established tank for an instant cycle and will have that run at least a week before actually adding fish :3

Well personally, my opinions on stalking are pretty simple . . . since its illegal, you really shouldn't do it ;). Fixed the title for ya.

I was waiting for some clever replies about the title. Too funny :)

Hahhh yeah sorry I wasnt even thinking when I wrote that

Back
Top Bottom