Stocking plans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys i was hoping i could have some help stocking my 40 g freshwater tank
I HAVE
7 glowlights
7 hatchetfish
1 pecock eel
1 feather fin catfish
1 dwarf angel fish

Do i have room for a brisle nose pleco or an angel fish?? Thanks!!

Really? Great! If i put my glowlights somewhere els, could i get a full size angel?

Watch out for the angel and dwarf angel. They are aggressive, most people don't think about the aggression between angels, but really, it is a lot and I wouldn't add another angel IMO.

Ohhh ok thanks!! Well i was given a dwarf angel so i cant get rid of it!! Haha it sucks i want a real angel

I tend to agree with Jeta and Bruins. Dwarf angels, also known as Leopold's angel are rather uncommon, so be sure that is what you have. I also agree that they tend to be pretty feisty, so I personally would not suggest mixing it with a regular angel. I think you would have problems.
Also, most people that I have talked to recommend a bigger tank for both a featherfin and peacock eel, so IMO, I wouldn't suggest getting a bnp along with both of those large bottom dwellers, but maybe somebody else will have a different opinion. :)

absolutangel04 said:
I tend to agree with Jeta and Bruins. Dwarf angels, also known as Leopold's angel are rather uncommon, so be sure that is what you have. I also agree that they tend to be pretty feisty, so I personally would not suggest mixing it with a regular angel. I think you would have problems.
Also, most people that I have talked to recommend a bigger tank for both a featherfin and peacock eel, so IMO, I wouldn't suggest getting a bnp along with both of those large bottom dwellers, but maybe somebody else will have a different opinion. :)

Yea i have been debating getting a bn pleco :( but my eel is abt 5" and fetger fin is like 2" so i have time :) haha they both have their own large caves and it seems to be working great so far!

Maybe I am wrong, but it doesn't look like a dwarf angel to me.... They are supposed to have fins shorter than their body length and a black blotch on the middle of the body by the dorsal fin.

Yea i have been debating getting a bn pleco :( but my eel is abt 5" and fetger fin is like 2" so i have time :) haha they both have their own large caves and it seems to be working great so far!
But they will grow. They do not stay small forever. Again, thats just my opinion because I have not kept them.

Oh hes pretty big like 3 " but he does have a big black spot on his back!! Right in the middle of his back.. Hha idk hopefully hes a real angel!

Back
Top Bottom