Stocking question for my 55 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thursyanna

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 55 gal with some live plants in it. So far I have 6 glofish, 2 regular zebra danios, 1 small rafael catfish, and 2 eartheaters. Do you think it'd be alright to put some dwark gouramis in there? I love their coloring. Oh, and my friends are giving me a small plecostomas, Carl, to go in there because their cichlids keep picking on him. He only has one eye now. :(

I think a couple dwarf gouramis would be ok as long as the eartheaters aren't too aggressive. I have very little cichlid experience. What type of pleco is it? Some get huge.

My eartheaters seem fine with my little danios. Plus, there are a lot of places to hide if someone starts getting aggressive. I am going to add some more plants though. I don't know what kind of pleco he is but my friends told me he wouldn't get very big. They've since replaced Carrl with a 10" long pleco.

Well if the eartheaters aren't too aggressive, I don't personally see any problem. You're very lightly stocked right now so I'd say go for it!

I might have got a little fish happy at my lfs!! I ended up buying a medium pearl gourami, 2 giant gouramis, and 1 small green severum.

Back
Top Bottom