Stocking Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mlrust1816

Aquarium Advice Regular
Currently in my 20 gallon tank I have

2 Bolivain Rams
5 Serpae Tetras
4 Cories
1 Black Molly
1 Pleco
1 Otto

This puts me at around 20 inches of fish, I also have a Penguin 200 Bio Wheel filter that is rated for a tank up to 50 gallons. To go along with that I have a power head to increase circulation and water movement.

One can imagine that there is alot of water agitation, so....my question is what fish would be good additions to my tank that will stay towards the surface and take advantage of all the water agitation

I hesitate to suggest ANY more fish. No matter how much you over filter, the fact remains there's only 20gallons of swimming space.

Tank stocking is as much about space/crowding issues as it is bio-filtration and waste removal.

Also bear in mind that a common pleco will outgrown a 20gal in a couple months. they easily reach 14" or longer. At the 3" length, they are too big for a 20gal.

Personally I'd suggest a bigger tank. Pick up a smaller filter for the 20, transfer the fish and have room for more fish. :)

Of course I'm currently at 3 tanks and finding it very difficult to not get a 4th so my opinions may be biased...

Back
Top Bottom