Stocking Questions... Plants, Suggestions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nkim1994

Aquarium Advice Regular
So there is a picture of my Tank so far...

This is my stocking Idea, though I might forgo the DG.

AquStockImage.php

I know Cory and Dg's like shade... will there be enough in my Tank the way it is? Should I add more plants?

I think I need more lighting...

AQ says my filtration with the DG is at 101% should I get another filter?

and are all of those fish compatible? If I dont get the DG can I get Neon Tetras?... If I cant maybe I wont get the Silvertips...

any advice on what to add to the tank to make it better...?

It my first larger tank bc I had a smaller one...

I read up on the potential fish, I think they all get along from what I read...

Though Im looking to make it so i have fish on top middle and lower...

I read Harlequins usually are top swimmers Silvers mid-ish and Panda Corys kinda go everywhere but mainly bottom...

any suggestions?

Thanks

Attachments

• 10642950_752252418154868_1602510750_o.jpg
    10642950_752252418154868_1602510750_o.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 46
Your stocking list seems to be OK to me. The DG may or may not be annoyed by the Harlequins zipping past. You might want to solicit feedback for that specific combination. Neons will work with everything in your stocking list.

Your tank seems stocked well enough with plants. What type of light source are you using?

Your stocking list seems to be OK to me. The DG may or may not be annoyed by the Harlequins zipping past. You might want to solicit feedback for that specific combination. Neons will work with everything in your stocking list.

Your tank seems stocked well enough with plants. What type of light source are you using?
Umm I honestly have no idea... It just came with the tank when I bought it... nothing is dead yet... Everything Ive grown so far has been fine under standard though...

My amazon and Java fern were in the hawkeye tank growing, under the light it came with...

My LFS said I could bring in the light fixture and he'll tell me what i can put in for the light fixture but its only a 1 light fixture...

Umm I honestly have no idea... It just came with the tank when I bought it... nothing is dead yet... Everything Ive grown so far has been fine under standard though...

I'm not sure what you mean by "standard." What is the size/wattage of the bulb?

My amazon and Java fern were in the hawkeye tank growing, under the light it came with...

My LFS said I could bring in the light fixture and he'll tell me what i can put in for the light fixture but its only a 1 light fixture...

Sounds like it's going to be a low-ish light setup. Java fern will do fine in low light, while Amazon sword will want more light.

Many of the Cryptocoryne plants are easy and do well under low light. I've had success with C. spiralis and C. wendtii.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom