stocking questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh well. I'm getting 12 shipped in tomorrow and I'm real excited! And the next tank, just make sure to do sand so that you have more fish to pick from :D.

I want to tour one...maybe tomorrow if I can fit time in or else next week and if I can take pictures I will surely post them! They have tours of the one less than 5 miles from my house.

I was thinking the turquoise...or if i can find a more visually stunning one.

Turquoise is a large one. The large ones tend to be more colorful. Boesmani is prob the most colorful and attractive. But might be one of the most expensive too. Do you have boesmani rainbows in your area? But boesmani is also a large one. Two somewhat colorful small ones is threadfin and Celebes.

I'm wigged out by shipping fish. I don't understand how its safe if I have to go directly home after the pet store...

It's quite safe as long as you pack them good. I've shipped many fish and they arrive safely. Just make sure to have everything the fish needs.

Turquoise is a large one. The large ones tend to be more colorful. Boesmani is prob the most colorful and attractive. But might be one of the most expensive too. Do you have boesmani rainbows in your area? But boesmani is also a large one. Two somewhat colorful small ones is threadfin and Celebes.

Even my petsmart has the boesmani they didn't look that colorrich but could be from the blue background these are the threadfin the store that gets them from the farm has. All are 1.50$

ForumRunner_20130724_010630.jpg

Oh the outside of the tank is splotchy cuz the 80yo lady was doing water exchanges on all the tanks. She personally has 30tanks and has had fish for most of her life. Never tests water cuz they never did that in her day! She was a hoot to talk to. She does all the matinence on those tanks herself!

Even my petsmart has the boesmani they didn't look that colorrich but could be from the blue background these are the threadfin the store that gets them from the farm has. All are 1.50$

Uhhhhh. Those are not threadfin rainbowfish. Those are either swordtails or platys. If the boesmani are not colorful, don't get them because that means their genes are were not vivid either. It's pretty hard to find a good specimen of boesmani but once you have a good specimen, its so pretty.
This is more like a threadfin:

Attachments

• image-2286371476.jpg
    image-2286371476.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 28
Oh the outside of the tank is splotchy cuz the 80yo lady was doing water exchanges on all the tanks. She personally has 30tanks and has had fish for most of her life. Never tests water cuz they never did that in her day! She was a hoot to talk to. She does all the matinence on those tanks herself!

Wow! She still can manage cleaning all those tanks by herself??? And no water testing.......

Uhhhhh. Those are not threadfin rainbowfish. Those are either swordtails or platys. If the boesmani are not colorful, don't get them because that means their genes are were not vivid either. It's pretty hard to find a good specimen of boesmani but once you have a good specimen, its so pretty.
This is more like a threadfin:

I wrote thread fin on the pic after the boesmani comment. Lol I ment sword. Lol I'm a retard I was thinking those were pretty colorful...posting at 1am without sleep is bad for me ha

I wrote thread fin on the pic after the boesmani comment. Lol I ment sword. Lol I'm a retard I was thinking those were pretty colorful...posting at 1am without sleep is bad for me ha

So you put threadfin instead of sword? If I post at 1 am, my eyes would be half closed and 3/4 of my brain would have shut down :lol:.

Ohhhhh. I wonder if the levels are actually stable......
How many tanks does she have?

Stable as is keeps fish alive and well for the state fair and win awards she has 30 Tanks and takes care of all the tanks at the store. The tanks look awesome in the store very clear water and pretty fish. The outside was splotchy cuz she was in process of all the water changes

Stable as is keeps fish alive and well for the state fair and win awards she has 30 Tanks and takes care of all the tanks at the store. The tanks look awesome in the store very clear water and pretty fish. The outside was splotchy cuz she was in process of all the water changes

Phew.... I wouldn't even be able to take care of 15 tanks, but 30?!? And she is an old women! ( no offense ). The pics of the tanks look like they have been well cared for.
When do you plan on going to the fish farm?

Phew.... I wouldn't even be able to take care of 15 tanks, but 30?!? And she is an old women! ( no offense ). The pics of the tanks look like they have been well cared for.
When do you plan on going to the fish farm?

Monday afternoon. I can't buy directly from them my friend can tho and will try to get the fish I want. The old lady is the feisty-ist old lady I have seen in a while. She is a brit too. We sat and talked for an hour. She was saying how if she stops she's got no point in living. She loves work and loves her tanks.

Monday afternoon. I can't buy directly from them my friend can tho and will try to get the fish I want. The old lady is the feisty-ist old lady I have seen in a while. She is a brit too. We sat and talked for an hour. She was saying how if she stops she's got no point in living. She loves work and loves her tanks.

Wow! "If she stops, there is no point in living ?!?" And I can definitely tell she is crazy about keeping fish!
So if you were to buy fish from the farm, you would need to pay shipping?

Wow! "If she stops, there is no point in living ?!?" And I can definitely tell she is crazy about keeping fish!
So if you were to buy fish from the farm, you would need to pay shipping?

You can't buy direct from the farms and for me since its literally less than 3 miles from the farm to the store that will get them for me they will have them at the store if I get there on time they won't even transfer them in to their holding tanks and I can pick them out myself and a 2miles back to my home. So no shipping costs for me.

You can't buy direct from the farms and for me since its literally less than 3 miles from the farm to the store that will get them for me they will have them at the store if I get there on time they won't even transfer them in to their holding tanks and I can pick them out myself and a 2miles back to my home. So no shipping costs for me.

Oh wow. That's really cool. It seems like you are situated right next to two fish "warehouses". The farm and the lfs. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom