Stocking questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

C.w.deegan

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 6 guppys and 8 neon tetras in a 20 gallon I know the guppys will increase their numbers over time. I want to add either more neon tetras or another school of small schooling fish but I also don't want to over crowd the tank any suggestions on how many more neon to add or another schooling fish that will coexist with the guppys and neons

If it werent for your recent post about not being able to keep corys alive i would say those. What kind of cory have you tried? Fancy giving it another go?

I have a breeder tank now, 29g, with albino corys and guppies thriving, but my tetras like to die off. The question I guess I'd ask you is, are you buying at least 4 cory's? I was told they must be in groups.

Every time I have tried Cory's I would buy atleast 4 or 5 and they always die off 1 by 1. I tried them in 2 different tanks that are established. All my other fish are healthy and happy but for what ever reason Cory's always die.

I would get them from my lfs as juveniles usually only 1 to 1.25 inches long. They always look healthy and active in the lfs tanks and seem fine when I would add them into my tanks but within a couple days I would lose 1 or 2

Wow I'm the same way with the cardinal tetra. I bought 10 a week ago and down to 3 but the guy said that always happens. But I think I have a pregnant one.

Do you know your water condition (gh,kh,ph,nitrate)? Also do you know if the cory you tried to add were wild or tank raised (tank raised mean bred in tanks as oppose to wild caught) ?

FWIW.......
I have had Panda Corys and Neon Tetras together in the same tank for a few months now and they they are all doing extremely well
None has died.
This is with a gravel substrate and the Corys seem to do just fine on it.
BTW, even my Crypt plant which never initially "melted" is doing great..

It makes me wonder what the water parameters are in some tanks where theses fish die.
Something must be going on..

Back
Top Bottom