stocking suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cogburn

Aquarium Advice Freak
alrighty... now that my cycle is just about done... its time to finalize my stocking list... 180 gallon tank... 2 cascade 1500 filters 750 gph turnover... so im filtrated very well... heres what i have in mind

2- oscars
5- tin foil barbs
5- clown loaches
1- banded leporinus

those are a given... im pretty much definite that i want those specific fish... but do you guys think i can squeeze anything else in?... 180 gallons is awfully big tank for 13 fish... i know theyll all be over a foot fully grown... but do you guys think i can get away with anything else?

by my calculations that puts me at 166" of fish... i know im very well filtrated so i thought it would probably be okay to go with 1" of fish per gallon... any suggestions would be appreciated... i dont really want anything small... obviously theyd get eaten by the oscars... but i was thinking small as in no smaller than say 6" so maybe a couple of silver dollars?... maybe a few bala sharks?... any suggestions seriously im open to them... lemme know what you guys think... thanks in advance :clown:

i will NOT be adding all these fish at once... im going to be careful and methodical about adding fish... 2 oscars i already have theyll be first in... prolly in a few days ill add the tinfoils... i have a 29 gallon set up that i will be growing the fish in... the clowns i cant find very big... so ill have them in the 29 for some time til theyre big enough for the big tank... same thing with the leporinus... my oscars are already about 7-8" so anything i add has to be bigger than an appetizer for them... i can get tinfoils anytime about the same size hence why theyre going in around the same time...... of course you guys are probably gonna tell me im nuts and the 13 i already plan on are overstocked to begin with...

Bala sharks get up to 17"
I would suggest a couple of small to medium sized plecos for the bottom.
Bristlenose maybe.
With your oscars you would want to find a couple near adult size.
I bought some L200 green phantoms last month that where 4-1/2" for $35 each.

Back
Top Bottom