Stocking suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madalyn

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently bought a 110 gallon tank. Im going to be moving 10 white skirt tetras, 10 buenos aires tetras, and a few neon tetras in it. What else can be added/is compatible? I dont want to add too many more neons because I bought around 20 (not all at once) when I first started adding fish and all but 4 died.

Attachments

• Snapchat-330711789.jpg
    Snapchat-330711789.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 23
That'll be a great tank! Any species in the tetra family, danios, a gourami, dwarf cichlids, cory cats, bristle nose or rubber lipped pleco, etc. With a community aquarium that size the possibilities are almost endless

In a big long tank like that, a big school of lamp eye tetras or rummy nose tetras would be cool, cuz they swim back and forth in a big school. Cory cats kinda school. They add alot of activity on the bottom as clean up crew

Nice tank! The stand looks sturdy enough. I have a similar. I added plywood to the open back to help strengthen the stand and provide support for plumbing and electrical cables.

Oh, drooling with envy.

I would have a school of Boesmani rainbows, a school of Congo tetras, and schools of neon tetras and Kubotai rasboras.

Oh, and german blue rams after the tank is established!!!

Regarding your fragile neons...You might try a different supplier. Many neons are farmed and overbred and are very hard to keep, but there are strains that are much stronger. You might do some research to see where people have had success buying them. Might also look at your acclimation procedure?

You could also try cardinal tetras instead. They look almost the same as neons.

Back
Top Bottom