Stocking!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QuietPlotter

Aquarium Advice Freak
10g, planted, sand, dw, rocks.

suggestions? was thinking two rams or something, i'd like to have a variety of fishies. total bill under $40 please ^_^

10 gallons is unfortunately too small for rams -- they deserve at least probably like a 20L. However there are lots of other great options you can have. A nice community tank of nano fish could include species such as celestial pearl danios, ember tetras, chili rasboras, endlers and a centerpiece like a sparkling or honey gourami would look great, particularly in a well-planted aquarium. Minus the gourami and you could also include a colony of red cherry shrimp too.

Most think that a 10 gallon is too small for one ram, so really 2 is out of the question IMO. Lots of people turn 10's into shrimp tanks, which are very fun. You have a selection of nanofish to choose from also if you want to go that rout - ember tetras, celestial pearl danios, chili rasbora, and sparkling gouramis just to name a few. IMHO a gourami really should be kept in a bigger tank than a 10 - JMO. They have much more bulk than the fish previously listed.

gotcha!

I kept 1 platy, 1 bolivian ram, and 2 otos in a 10g for a year before I gave up fishkeeping, they did great..

going the community route then!

Back
Top Bottom