Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImACoolguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 45g tank as you can tell from my signature it is having an ick problem. *but* as of yesterday the ick is almost 100% disappeared from my fish. Well, the ick claimed half of the fish in my tank before I got it under control.

I lost my clown pleco, dwarf gourami, 5 black neon tetras, 1 angelfish.

The angel and gourami were temporary housing.

I STILL HAVE: 5 white skirt tetras, they are pretty much full grown and are recovering from the ick. And a dojo loach, as soon as I saw signs in the tank I rehomed him, he hasn't shown any signs of ick in a week that I've had the problem.

So now that we have the backstory, I'm looking to restock the tank. AqAdvisor says 5 tiger barbs are okay with my tetras and that's lovely because the barbs on the list (see below) are in a 10g I want to redesign and I planned on rehoming them anyway. (Side note: 10g will house a dwarf puffer :). )

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423243197.699768.jpg

I've tried pictus before and they were amazing and I loved them but they mysteriously died for no reason one day. I'd like to try them again because I loved having them.

AqAdvisor keeps saying 3 dojo loaches are recommended but I've had my 1 since I got the tank and he is my most active fish all in all. He eats a ton compared to my other fish and is always exploring the tank. seems pretty happy to me. He is housed with the tiger barbs right now till ick clears up.

Another side note, how long till I can be sure ick is completely gone? I don't want to add the fish and it come back.

If you could help me answer this it would be greatly appreciated and thanks for taking the time to read this novel :p

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g ick problems/loach and 5 tetras left.
~75g going to be African cichlids

''Another way to get ich out of a tank is to remove all of the fish. Since we know that the tomites can only survive for 48 hours without attaching to a fish, if we remove all of the fish and then raise the temperature to 80°, the existing ich in the tank should be dead after 2 days. To be safe, wait 4 days before returning the fish to the tank. But remember, you will need to treat the tank that the fish are moved to, otherwise, fish entering that tank could become infected.''
Cause, Treatment, and Prevention of Ich in Freshwater Fish
i found this if you want to read...
about stocking i like german blue rams very much and i think they are ok with tetras! :fish2::fish2:

''Another way to get ich out of a tank is to remove all of the fish. Since we know that the tomites can only survive for 48 hours without attaching to a fish, if we remove all of the fish and then raise the temperature to 80°, the existing ich in the tank should be dead after 2 days. To be safe, wait 4 days before returning the fish to the tank. But remember, you will need to treat the tank that the fish are moved to, otherwise, fish entering that tank could become infected.''
Cause, Treatment, and Prevention of Ich in Freshwater Fish
i found this if you want to read...
about stocking i like german blue rams very much and i think they are ok with tetras! :fish2::fish2:

Yeah I have read that but I have no QT tank set up at the moment. That's the thing. I'll see what I can come up with.

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g ick problems/loach and 5 tetras left.
~75g going to be African cichlids

Back
Top Bottom