Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corycatlover21

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just got a 10g (not tall) and am currently cycling it. I would like to stock corydoras, platies, and mollies. I have been researching and it sounds like a 10g is not suitable for mollies. So then I guess just platies and corys.

I’m thinking maybe 3 platies and 2 corys? Is that overstocking? Are those fish suitable for a 10g?

I want the fish to survive and be happy. I know an unplanted 10g isn’t ideal, but it’s what a have for now and most colleges that I’m looking into won’t allow over 10g...

I wouldn't do Platys in a 10 . They breed like rabbits so unless you have a way to rehome the fry , you will soon have a very overcrowded tank . Just my 2 cents .

Corys like to be in larger groups, you could try pygmy corydoras. I also agree that platys breed too much. The females could come from the store pregnant and give birth without males in your tanks and the males are aggressive little buggers. You could do a betta with the corys, or all male guppies are another option.

Back
Top Bottom