Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chappers15

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi ?
I’ve just set up a 54Litre (14 gallon) aquarium. It’s 60Cm by 30cm by 30cm. pH is 6.8 and 5dh. It’s planted.
I was thinking of getting:
8 ember tetras
5 otocinclus
3 shrimp or 1 snail

Is this ok? I want my fish to be happy or healthy. Furthermore, if you have any suggestions for something I can add later, I’d be open to something like honey gourami, cardinal tetra, e.g. community fish that won’t lead to the tank being overstocked.

Finally, should I get both otocinclus and shrimp as they may be competing for food.
Ok thank you ?

Hello,

Have you heard of the nitrification cycle? Do you have access to cycled filter media?

Are you newer to fish keeping, or getting back into the hobby? The article in my signature is a big help!!!

The Otos and shrimp will have different foods to eat and you can supplement them with their preferred foods.

But they should go into a matured tank, about 3- 6 months old ideally so there will be foods developed within the tank for them to munch on.

New glass tank, new stones, new substrate, new plants and DW do not have the microscopic foods, Aufwuchs, and biofilm established. And the tank should be cycled - then stable for a month or 2 to create the better environment for those little biofilm snackers.

Back
Top Bottom