Storing my 55 gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrdnbeedy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey my name is Jordan, This is my first post. I just got a 55 gallon tank but can't put it up right now. The only place I can store it is in my truck(It has a topper so it wont be in the weather). But in order for it to fit I have to lay it on it's side. It might be awhile before I can set it up so I was wondering if there would be any adverse effects from it laying on it's side?

How long are we talking?? Some people store tanks in a garage, but I would advise against storing a tank where it can be effected by large external temperature swings. Like most substances, glass can expand & contract with temperature fluctuations..... repeated cycles over an extended period of time can loosen the seals
Not to mention, if you're using the truck, you run the risk of damaging the tank riding around back there.....

It would be for a month or two. The person that owned the truck before me was a surfer and he built a very padded bed to sleep on in the back. So I'm not worried about it cracking while driving. I'm more worried about if the seals will act up because of it laying on it side for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom