stringy poop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brianf40us

Aquarium Advice Activist
I noticed lately that my Yellow Tang has been loosing weight so i immediately began feeding him seaweed sheets soaked in extra vitamins. I have been really packing him with vitamins and seaweed sheets. I noticed today that he pooped not one long string of white poop but a bunche of little strings. I know Lateral line disease is prominent in Tangs and i figured that if i could maybe pack him with vitamins he would possibly recover. He is very lively and eats like crazy. He also seems to be gaining a little weight. I do have Seachem Metronidazole and seachem focus could i treat his food with this and if i do do i have to QT him? Will this hurt other fish if they eat the treated food.

The animal needs to be dewormed as do the rest of them at this point. It would be safest to remove them all to a couple qt's and either provide a Praziquantel bath or oral dosage. I would also treat with Fenbendazole. It would make sense, perhaps, to treat Prazi via bath and Fenbendazole (Panacur) orally. I can give dosages at a later point or you can 'Search' these forums.

Back
Top Bottom