successful 125 gallon move :-D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Speakerman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
well, I just moved into a new place and took my 125 gallon tank along with me. About a month before I moved I bought a 55 gallon aquarium and started cycling it, so I used that to put the fish in while I transported the 125 to the new house. To move the fish I used 2 ice chests and drip acclimated them to the new water supply.

I'm happy to say all went well :-D

Attachments

• DSC06748.jpg
    DSC06748.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 93
I don't have many recent ones, so I went and took a few of them.

Attachments

• DSC06749.jpg
    DSC06749.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC06750.jpg
    DSC06750.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC06751.jpg
    DSC06751.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC06752.jpg
    DSC06752.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 63
Thanks, the background is actually painted black but I have an actinic blue fluorescent light in the midst of the lighting. It makes for an interesting color. Also, there are two halogen lights, one on each side that gives the tank that look of a beam of light shining through.

I am getting ready to add a black background to my tank. Now you have me thinking about a total reaquascape.

Thank you all, I was lucky and only had to drive about 30 minutes, but it was all city (stop and go) driving, was worried about sloshing too much. but I took it easy and a few days later all the fish are still doing great. It's good to see the new water which is less alkaline and more hard is not making the fish act differently.

Back
Top Bottom