suggestions for new members to my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckylukee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi all.

I have a 30 G tank with 5 rummy nose, 4 endlers, 3 pepper corys and 3 mystery snails in a heavily planted tank. I'm looking for suggestions for a few new additions.

I'm thinking of getting 3 more corys to round them out but any suggestions for another addition that won't harass my current configuration ? more of top dweller?

dwarf gourami?

thanks

I would even out the Cories like you said. Silver hatchetfish are too dwellers and very peaceful.

Caleb

Since you are doing a community tank...
Suggestions:
1. Rasbora boraptensis
2. Rasbora hengeli
3. Rasbora heteromorpha
4. Rasbora trilineata
5. Aplocheilus lineatus
6. Hyphessobrycon calistus
7. Otocinclus affinus
8. Ancistrus cirrhosus
9. Loricaria filamentosa

What plants do you have?

Last edited:
pic of the aquarium

here is the pic

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 68
Definitely get more cories. At least 3 more. Halfbeaks are cool top dwellers but may be hard to find.

pic of the aquarium

do love the cories (playful ) - should i get peppered ones? i saw some thulie (sp?) ones that are very cute but not sure diff. cory species get along.

You'll get some great behavior if you get more Cories, endlers, and rummynose. They really are more interesting with buddies. And I found in my 29 that having just 6 of lots of small fish looks pretty cluttered.

I think-check Aqua advisor- you can add dwarf gouramis and increase each school. Unless the gouramis would eat the endlers?

My favorite fish book has a stocking scheme for a 29 that is all small fish. I wish I had followed it. Yours could end up similar ... The book notes several are shyish but keeping them with other tinies makes them more comfortable (and therefore active)

6 leopard danio (your rummynose may substitute here, especially as danios often freak everyone out)

5 pygmy or dwarf cories

8 dwarf Pencilfish (a larger number of your endlers may do well here as they're so little and, I hear, shy)

6 dwarf or pygmy loaches. The book suggests dwarf chain loach which are beautiful but expensive. I love my pygmy multi striped loaches. The Wet Spot Tropical Fish is a great source for tiny loaches, I wouldn't have a tank without them as they clean where cories don't.

6 Pristella Tetras

2 Pygmy gourami or honey dwarf gourami

If Aqua advisor says you have room, I'd consider 6 Otocinclus after your tank has been running a month or so, for algae control. They're delicate, I'm told, but I never lose any if I buy them when they've been in the store at least a week, and drip acclimate.

I don't have experience with all those fish but others can advise too.

The book Btw ... Credit where credit is due ... the simple guide to freshwater aquariums by Boruchowitz.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom