Sump for 20 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loukas42

Aquarium Advice Freak
Should I or should I not? They interest me but idk how expensive it will be and if I will end up doing it right. Any advice or tips?

SW reef. Starting fowlr until my tank matures and waiting about 6 months or maybe shorter to add corals. I dont want to rush into anything. And I have it on a stand that is open on the bottom but thinking about upgrading to a DIY stand.

I would say yes all around. You could do a 15 gallon under neither. There is a 10g sump build but it looks so tight I wouldn't recommend it unless it's available an all you can fit. I was unhappy with my 10g and went to a 15 on my cichlid build.

With a 20g tank, a sump will just give you more water volume and allow you to get some of the equipment out of the smaller display. You could also put in a small refugium for pods and macro alga.

This will also give you a spot for a protein skimmer be it in sump or hob of the sump. Can you drill the tank? I wish I would have gotten a drilled 75g instead of my current one.

The only problem with the sump build is I don't know what I would want to do with it. And I don't know how handy I am. Never done a DIY before so that factors in to it too.

Back
Top Bottom