Super skimmer model 65

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CloudStrife

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm having trouble getting this bad boy set up. The directions don't really explain anything in great detail but I can't get the bubbles working without water overflowing in the collection cup. And on top of that the input that adjusts the water flow, comes off in the tank a lot, how can I fix that?

I had to turn mine all the way down and it still did for a day. It also took 2 days to break in and stop sending tons of micro bubbles in to my tank. I now keep it almost all the way down and it will take weeks to fill if I were not to empty it out.

Do you keep the thing in the pump turned all the way down? Or the red tip by the bubble diffuser?

I don't think lol I'm still confused with all it's parts. It's the box that sits to the right

The hose should reach about an inch above the bottom of the little black box that hangs next to the skimmer.

If you don't have a air hose that runs from the submerged pump to a little black cylinder that is out of the water it will only draw water up and no bubbles. Then I am sure all it will do is overflow water all day long.

So you had a lot of water come into the cup the first day or two? Like was the bubbling water almost to the top of the cone?

Yea it was doing that but I messed with it till it was not going up all that far. I think I had adjusted the pump to low and the red knob. I ended up turning the pump back up and left the red knob down and all has worked fine. Do you have it in a sump or HOB?

Well I took it off to try and get my cup off since I put it to tight when I took it out of the box. But I'll throw it back on real quick to post a pic

Yea you will fight with that cup forever, if you don't get it tight it leaks and it is a pain in the blank to get it off.

Here are the pics, if you need a different shot let me know

Attachments

• image-552523160.jpg
    image-552523160.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 58
  • image-1962776783.jpg
    image-1962776783.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 54
  • image-3535464391.jpg
    image-3535464391.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 52
  • image-1775158248.jpg
    image-1775158248.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 50
****, I already cut it. Does the box need to be completely under water as well?

Back
Top Bottom